Thursday, June 25, 2009

Citiots

Traveled to Montauk,(the end) yesterday on business. The locals are fun,the citiots are not and it was a Wednesday. While driving through East Hampton,the land of the wannabes and never was'. I felt for a moment as if I was driving in NY City as people were driving creatively and leaning on their horns.

One of the people I met with yesterday commented on how having groceries delivered right to her home was a great convenience. She tries to avoid the stores during the season as the citiots are just unbearable. A woman in line was complaining that the locals should buy their groceries during the week so the weekenders weren't inconvenienced with long lines. I'm sure most do exactly that when possible but ice cream emergencies come up too!

Give me a break. While in college(a lifetime ago) I worked in a grocery store out there and most of the summer folk were demanding and unpleasant. My co-workers and I took great joy in calling the village police when customers were illegally parked the fire zone and denying them beer sales at 8:00AM on a Sunday morning. Even though we had a place out there I got along better with the locals than than the citiots.Can't wait for tonight's installment of Royal Pains on USA Network. Watch it if you haven't done so yet.


The princess and her dad have gone to lunch together so I can get some more work done. He took a small bouquet of home grown roses with him,how sweet is that? She loves flowers so I'm sure she enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment