Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Puter tales

Today I have a most important mission before me. I'm seeking a replacement for the lap top I use for work. One of the hinges had been funky for a while. There are just so many choices it,s hard to decide.

Yesterday I was on a field assignment and to make a long story short the other hinge gave put causing the lid to flop over on to the conference table.

The machine while still usable in a stationary setting is no longer practical for use in the field unless I improvise with things to keep the cover propped up, yesterday that was possible during my meeting but I am not always afforded the luxury of a 18" high stack of reports to lean on. Wasn't easy but I made it work. You see I needed to review reports on each stack,five in all. Then move them around while keeping the laptop open. I'm not sure if anyone observed me moving the documents and keeping the lid from flopping over.

I did manage to gather the information required,hopefully I won't have to make too many revisions.

Once I returned home I found a few flash drives and backed up the information I wanted just on case the thing shorts out.

The blue screen of death might have been simpler.
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment