Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I Need To Make My Own Beverages

I need to make my own beverages.

Today started like most days during this crazy quarantine day number... I don’t know anymore, I’d have to check. Sixty-five. Captain Chaos prepared the morning coffee at a quarter to four, far before I awoke. He can be heavy handed and makes some serious rocket fuel, that I have to water down. Well, this was an experience I won’t soon forget. I take my coffee black with no sugar in it, so, I pretty much know what to expect, but not today. I took the first sip, I looked at him and I said, “This doesn’t taste right, what did you do to it?” And he said, “Maybe I was too heavy-handed. I’ll get you another cup and water it down.” Cup number two didn’t taste much different than cup number one, and I asked, “What did you put in it?” He then mentioned that he went to fill the coffee maker with water from the kettle(like usual), but then ran out, so he grabbed a cup off the counter that he believed to have water in it. I then realized it was unfinished cherry seltzer from the night before. So, we laughed and I made a pot of French press, because now I have to clean out the regular machine. Could’ve been worse, once he made the same mistake with vodka.

I went about my day, and after dinner, while cleaning the kitchen, I picked up my favorite coffee cup from the counter. I’ve been known to leave out cups of water, so I didn’t give it much thought. Picked the cup up, took a sip, and realized it was pasta water from tonight’s dinner.

So, unless I make it myself, or it comes in a sealed container, I’m not drinking much of anything for a long time.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment