Monday, June 29, 2020

How long do sparrow chicks stay in the nest? An unexpected gift.

After 15 weeks home due to a pandemic who's name shall not be spoken.; Ms. P is free, well at least free of being home. Off to work as a full fledged counselor at the camp she attended since first grade. She departed to join the other counselors for what will most likely be a surreal camp experience for all. So confident going off, not looking back. I thought back to the first time I let her go without me nearby, kindergarten. I can't wait to hear to all about the day when I go and pick her later. No solo driving, yet. The next 39 days of camp, what will surely be a summer to remember. Good for you Ms. P. You've got this! 

Spread you wings like those sparrow chicks in the yard. This is preparation for me to leave her next year for college, yes college. The last 15 weeks were an unexpected gift in disguise. Time well spent, learning and teaching each other, again. To quote Gretchen Rubin "The days are long but the years are short."

No comments:

Post a Comment