Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The night before school starts

T'was the night before school starts and at my house
my princess was wound up and being a louse.

she was squirmy and anxious and really uptight
nothing a warm bath won't fix,right?

as story time approached I called to her higness
told it was time to get out and put on her nighty

She had other thoughts when I entered the bath
I was greeted with a gigantic splash.

I was not amused but contained my wrath
next time she'll shower as this was her last bath.

"Get out of the tub" I hollered, she scampered off to her room
waiting to see what might await her upon my return.

Much to her surprise I continued our routine
We read several books then she went off to dream.

today is over, tomorrow she starts first grade
o'night to all, make it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment