Saturday, August 8, 2009

The dentist,the hair cutter & the ready mop

My day started out on a mission to find an elusive product. Six stores later I found what I am now calling the holy grail of home care products. Cleaning pads for a Clorox Ready Mop. I discovered an open box of the product in a grocery store. I purchased it and didn't really care if one or two were missing. I had visited two big box home improvements stores, a pharmacy and three grocery stores,all before 9:00AM. I was so blinded by my determination that I never considered purchasing another bottle of the floor cleaner which I later discovered had run low(inset the four letter word of your choice).There was no time to go back.



The princess went to visit a new dentist today. When it was time for her to be seen,she announced that she didn't need me and would being going in alone. I was surprised, but she does have some previous experiences dealing with health care professionals. The visit went well,she had a goody bag filled with stickers,a toothbrush and some little toys.



On to the hair cutter for a trim and some braids. Haircut went as well as can be expected. The princess doesn't really like to do this. When it was time for the braids, the woman stated making a large braid, the princess began to cry and said her ears were showing. She explained that her ears were private parts and mustn't be seen due to lack of earrings. This coming from a child who still removes most of her clothing upon entering the house. I stepped in and asked the stylist to make two smaller braids one on each side over her ears as had been done in the past. The princess never told the woman this,she just assumed the woman would know what she wanted. Lesson learned COMMUNICATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment