Wednesday, August 12, 2009

28 Days until school starts

The public library hosted the annual celebration for the children who completed their summer reading club goals. Activities included three inflatables;the fourth having an untimely deflation soon after the event began.There was one inflatable where the children wore a harness connected to a bungee and ran as far as they could before being pulled back. Too horizontal,LOL; I didn't understand the concept myself. The kids however couldn't get enough of it. Other activities included a DJ,magician and games.

Later on I called the captain to ask where some small hand tools might be found in his guy stash. He told me he got a flat tire on his bike going to work and asked me what I planned for dinner and would I bring him a plate. So off we went to deliver him a burger at work. I realized after getting in the car my shirt was inside out. Rather than going back in to fix it, I kept going. Ever have one of those moments where you go out and hope you don't run in to any one you might know? Well the captain noticed my wardrobe malfunction and quickly provided me a place to make the necessary adjustments. Good thing I had on underwear. As I ran into a coworkers of his who is also the mother of one of the princess' classmates.

Since I was feeling totally uncomfortable at this point I decided to make a stop at the grocery store where everyone know us by name. While we're there we run into another parent we know. I'm so happy to be home and in more comfortable clothing, eating some pop ems and drinking a glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment