Sunday, October 28, 2012

Seeking the Holy Grail

Today, 3:30 PM I have been standing in a line of people patiently waiting for one of the most desirable and elusive items this week; no it's not Rolling Stones tickets, it's a generator.

3:45 PM There was just a head count and I'm number 38. Don't really care about the capacity just as long as it can run the sump pump! Lets see how this all turns out.

4:00 PM. Second head count, now I'm 25. Some folks are disappointed the item is being rationed to one per customer. Be grateful you're getting one at all. If I do I sure will be!

4:15 PM line is moving, slowly. Very quiet for such a big group. 6 more ahead of me. Cold and windy for sure.

4:30 PM just paid for and I'm waiting for the captain and the princess to come and pick it up.

4:45 PM The captain and the princess arrive bringing Taco Bell.

5:00 PM next on the list extension cords and gas cans.

5:30 PM got extension cord but no gas can.

6:00 PM borrowed gas can

7:00 PM borrowed extra extension cords

8:00 PM last minute comfort food run.

9:00 PM dinner and Lego. The princess and captain aren;t very hungry as they stopped at Mickey Dee's after they left me.

9:45 PM Be well and stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment