Sunday, January 23, 2011

Some things never change

Sir lost a lot, the princess and other members of the royal family joined me for lunch today. This was day 2 of my unbirthday celebration.

As life and luck would have it I has my usual dining experience. The items I chose were either sold out or not exactly as I expected them to be. It all started when the princess ordered apple juice and was told there wasn't any. I tried my best to get her to make another selection without much success. Later during the meal the waitress was able to get the apple juice.

Then came desert. I order cherry pie. The waitress comes back afro minutes later. No cherry pie. I order apple pie. A few minutes later she comes back, no apple pie. I'm trying to keep a straight face since I have a knack for asking for items they have just run out of. Seems my daughter has inherited this.

Ordered a brownie sundae,with two spoons one for me and one for the princess.

She told the waitress about the unbirthday celebration. I was treated to an enthusiastic rendition of Happy Birthday from the waitress and some co workers.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment