Sunday, November 22, 2009

Taking the bus and more

I know, I know you've all been waiting patiently for this installment. The princess changed schools a few weeks ago,the first week,especially the first day was unforgettable. I dropped her off in the morning; she was to return by bus for the very first time, but things went awry(surprised?).

I waited at the stop with the other parents,the bus arrived, the driver appeared rather distraught and asked was I waiting for the princess. Seems she was discovered on another bus once the run was over. Bus driver 1 radioed bus driver 2 informing the driver that I was at the stop waiting,driver number 2 was going to bring her to me.

Okay,I'm cool, she wasn't inadvertently left in the bus yard or anything. She arrived a few minutes later,her usual zippy self. I called the school to let them know everything was fine. We go home...end of the story, well not exactly.

She mentioned that she saw the sibling of a dance class member on the bus. I ran into the parent a few days later, the parent mentioned her child mentioning that the princess was on the bus but the parent dismissed this as (she didn't know we'd moved). I ask the princess about the bus encounter again,she managed to put herself on the wrong bus that day;seems she was talking to sibling of the dance class member. That's my girl.

Two other noteworthy things happened that week she got invited to a birthday party and attended a class Halloween party that had been postponed the week before. Oh to be 5 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment